Christopher DeBaere, CFA
Chris DeBaere is an expert in the valuation of intellectual properties and technology-related businesses. With extensive experience working for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, software and hardware developers, and consumer products companies, Mr. DeBaere specializes in analyzing complex transactions and determining damages in intellectual property and commercial disputes.
Mr. DeBaere’s expertise includes:
Shareholder Disputes and Valuation Engagements
- Valuing interests in privately-held businesses in connection with shareholder oppression disputes
- Analyzing damages claims arising out of M&A transactions
- Determining the value of early-stage businesses with complex capital structures
- Valuing patent portfolios, trade secrets, and other intellectual properties
Intellectual Property and Commercial Litigation
- Determining lost profits from intellectual property infringement, contract breaches, and other causes of action
- Analyzing unjust enrichment in connection with trade secret, copyright and trademark infringements
- Evaluating reasonable royalties in patent infringement disputes involving multi-component products
Licensing Assistance and Evaluation
- Advising patent holders on licensing and monetization strategies
- Evaluating the fairness of transactions in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
Mr. DeBaere received a B.A. in Economics and Art History from Williams College and an M.B.A. from the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College, where he received the award for excellence in Finance. Mr. DeBaere holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
Mr. DeBaere is also an instructor at the Harvard University Extension School teaching Business Valuation at the graduate level.