Philip Green, CPA, CMA, ASA
Philip Green is one of the four founding Principals of Hoffman Alvary. For over twenty years, his practice has focused on intellectual property, valuation and business consulting areas. He has testified in trials in state and federal courts and at arbitration proceedings on over 30 occasions throughout the country. This assistance has been provided to a broad range of industries including: computer software and hardware, pharmaceutical, banking, insurance, automotive and other manufacturers as well as service organizations. His clients have ranged from Fortune 100 companies, to educational institutions and individual inventors and start-up entities.
In his more than twenty years of practice, Mr. Green's consulting engagements have addressed:
- Evaluation of reasonable royalties in connection with patent infringement claims;
- Analysis of lost profits from infringement of intellectual properties, contract breaches and other causes of action;
- Computation of unjust enrichment in connection with trade secret, copyright and trademark infringements and other claims;
- Valuations of intangibles including patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and non-compete agreements ;
- Licensing assistance including development of licensing strategies, identifying potential licensees, and negotiation;
- Royalty auditing on behalf of licensors;
- Investigative and forensic accounting analyses in connection with breach of fiduciary duty and negligence claims, bankruptcies;
- Valuations of ownership interests in businesses;
- Evaluations of solvency in connection with bankruptcy actions;
- Assistance with the operation and management of bankrupt or troubled companies; and
- Implementation of accounting systems.
Prior to starting Hoffman Alvary in 1996, Mr. Green was a senior manager at Price Waterhouse LLP. He also was an executive consultant at Peterson Consulting and began his career as a staff accountant at Ernst & Whinney.